- Full Time - Continuing
- Commencing 28 January 2019
- Salary dependent upon skills & experience
- SPRINGWOOD, Brisbane Catholic Education Office
About the organisation
Brisbane Catholic Education (BCE) is a learning community of over 140 schools within the Archdiocese of Brisbane, covering a geographical area that includes much of south-east Queensland.
Committed to high quality teaching and learning for more than 70,000 young people enrolled in our schools and colleges from Prep to Year 12, we inspire students with a love of learning and a heart of hope, empowering them to shape and enrich our world. Through our partnerships with parents, governments and the community, we provide social responsibility, self-discipline and Christian values for all our students and nurture and support the community in their faith journey.
About the opportunity
In this role you will contribute to learning and teaching in schools of the Archdiocese by working in collaborative partnerships with school communities to maximise access to life-long learning for students with hearing impairment. You will provide specialist services in learning and teaching congruent with the values and beliefs about learning in support of the Excellent Learning and Teaching Strategy.
- Develop partnerships with school communities to maximise access to learning for students with hearing impairment
- Provide collaborative consultancy and networking school communities and relevant agencies
- Support class teachers and school communities to maximise the development of listening, communication, language and learning for all learners
- Maintain professional accreditation, expertise and competencies to enhance the quality of teaching and learning
About you To be successful in this role you will bring:
- proven knowledge and experience in enhancing the quality of teaching and learning relating to hearing impairment;
- the ability to teach students individually and in small groups;
- the ability to identify areas of development for students and teacher and implement strategic initiatives
- experience in providing professional adult learning opportunities;
- a depth of experience in identifying, extracting and analysing student data for a range of stakeholders;
- high level communication, collaboration and team building skills; and
- a willingness to maintain and grow your professional currency.
- Registration with the Queensland College of Teachers
- Professional accreditation with National Australian Association of Teachers of the Deaf
- Post-graduate qualifications in Hearing Impairment
- Current driver's licence
Your online application requires:
- a current resume;
- a letter of application (2 pages maximum); and
- contact details for two referees.
Your letter of application will summarise your suitability for the role and demonstrate how your skills, knowledge and attributes will enable you to deliver the key results areas (refer to the role description) and perform the role successfully.
- A welcoming, collegial and flexible working environment
- Competitive salaries benchmarked to industry standards
- Salary packaging and salary sacrificing options
- The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of students
Contact Person: Amanda Hernandez
Contact Telephone Number: 07 3033 7469
Contact Email: Amanda.Hernandez@bne.catholic.edu.au
Closing Date: 23-Oct-2018
Role Description - VTHI Opens in new window
Statement of Principles for Employment - BCEO Opens in new window