The Global Academy opened its doors in September 2016 to the first cohort of students. September 2017 saw us double our student numbers with many more additions planned for coming years. This means we are on the lookout for phenomenal teachers to join our existing small staff body.
What’s it all about?
As a teacher at the Global Academy, you’ll be at the forefront of innovative education. Our vision is to practically educate our young people to be ready for life in the creative media industry, offering world class skills based training and phenomenal understanding of the broadcast and digital media sector. Our values are underpinned by our obsession statement and our dedication to crafting everything we do, to be the very best it can be. By doing this we aim to create inquisitive, confident and reflective students who can harness their creativity to progress their own well-being and that of others.
Equipped with state of the art facilities including two dedicated 4K TV studios and edit suites, sound recording and mixing studios, the Global Academy is positioned to be a leader in the field of media production training. Combine these facilities with our innovative approach to curriculum design and assessment which ensures that creativity and ideas are at the heart of our ethos, there are fantastic opportunities to enable student to craft products that we can all be proud of.
What will you be doing?
This role will be helping to lead the Visual department in the delivery of television and film production. We are looking for a teacher who has a proven track record in the industry and experience of teaching or working with young people in a training environment. Experience of working in TV or film production is essential as is being multi-skilled and adaptable to teach across the production phases from pre-production, through production and into post. You will have high level production skills including camera operation, lighting, sound recording and editing. You will contribute to the development of the curriculum within the visual and wider media department, ensuring that our practices reflect contemporary industry practice. You will be able to harness your industry network to create opportunities for students at the Academy and a commitment to continue your own professional development outside of teaching. In addition to this you will demonstrate the following:
• You’ll be at the forefront of innovative teaching practice and student centred learning
• You’ll be responsible for the learning and achievement of the students in your classroom, ensuring equality of opportunities for all.
• You’ll treat students with dignity, building relationships rooted in mutual respect while observing boundaries appropriate to your professional position.
• You’ll be proactive and effective at working in partnership with parents, governors, other staff and external agencies while keeping our students’ best interests at the heart of everything you do.
• You’ll effectively deliver the curriculum as relevant to the ages and ability of the students in your class.
• You’ll be involved in giving students feedback to allow them to develop their skills.
• You’ll participate in meetings and relevant professional development opportunities, both for yourself and offering others your experience and expertise.
• You’ll be a strong team player, happy to support your colleagues within the academy including occasional cover.
What we expect from you:
• You’ll have experience of teaching and be excited to inspire our students.
• You’ll have experience of enabling young people to overcome barriers to learning and achievement.
• You’ll have the ability to relate well to students and staff alike.
• You’ll be a strong team player with the best interests of our young people at the heart of everything you do.
• You’ll be able to think on your feet and deal with any issues that may that arise in a positive and systematic manner.
• You’ll need to be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form.
• You’ll support the vision of the Global Academy.
• You’ll have experience of working in the media industry.
• You’ll have knowledge of Adobe Create Suites.
• You’ll be dynamic and forward thinking.
If you feel this could be the place for you, we'd love to hear from you!
The closing date is March 19th, although we may call candidates in sooner for interview and reserve the right to close the ad earlier.