Crest Academy offers volunteer counselling placements for counsellors or therapists across the UK.
Our volunteer counselling placements offer a great opportunity to work with children in a safe therapeutic setting within a secondary school. Through 1: 1, group therapy, creative work and play, our counsellors provide children with the opportunity to be heard and to express their feelings.
You can help us support the wellbeing of our young people in years 7-13.
What Crest Academy offers you:
• A well-structured placement in our diverse and multicultural Academy
• Clinical hours towards Accreditation
• On-site, same-day supervision from a qualified School Counsellor
• Career opportunities to join our Academy on a permanent basis
• A commitment to provide equal opportunities for everyone.
Your Counselling Placement structure
• One to three days a week in a school, term time only (6 month commitment). • During school hours - 8.30am - 4.30pm.
• Preferably a September 2018 start however, we will also recruit for Volunteer Counsellors all year round, so you are able to start your placement at any time during the academic year.
What we ask of you
To take up a clinical placement, you will need to be in your final year studying towards one of the following UKCP accredited qualifications:
• Diploma in Counselling (Level 4 or above)
• Degree or Masters in Counselling, Counselling/Clinical Psychology, Psychotherapy or Art Therapy
We also welcome qualified Counsellors, Therapists or Clinical/Counselling Psychologists who are willing to give their time to support our valuable work.
Criminal Record checks
Placements involve one-to-one work with children in schools, so we arrange for all of our Volunteer Counsellors to have enhanced disclosure checks of criminal records.
If you are interested we ask that you please download the application form from our website at The Crest Academy: http://thecrestacademy.org/about-us/staff-vacancies/
Please return completed applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Crest Academy is committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults.
Closing date: 16 July 2018