Opportunities to volunteer with SJA in this area. Template to use for advertising opportunities for area or district.
Volunteering Opportunities in (‘geographical name for the area covered by the advert including Cities, Towns, Council area, etc.) First aid is such a simple skill, but it has an incredible impact. We want everyone to learn it, so that they can be the difference between a life lost and a life saved. We have the following opportunities available in your area: (delete as appropriate)
- Event First Aider: help us to keep the community safe while they work, rest and play by volunteering as a first aider at events.
- Youth Leadership team: train the next generation in first aid and other key life skills while having lots of fun by volunteering with our youth programmes.
- Event Doctor/Nurse or Paramedic: volunteer with us in a professional clinical capacity and gain an extra edge in your professional development (only open to registered independent practitioners).
We will make sure you will have access to a proper induction to volunteering with SJA and the training you need for the role you take on. We will also provide you with a supportive environment while you are volunteering with us. Information about our volunteer roles are included in the role descriptions. What you can expect from SJA, and what we expect from those who volunteer with us, is included in the volunteer charter.
We are looking to run a volunteering selection session on:
- Tuesday 8 May 2018 at The St John Ambulance Building, Hollinwood Lane, Calverton, NG14 6NR from 19:00-21:00
Thursday 10 May 2018 at The St John Ambulance Building, 2 Telford Drive, Newark NG24 2DX from 19:00-21:00
Potential volunteering locations are:
- Sherwood Forest (Bilsthorpe)
- Gedling and Calverton (Calverton)
- Cotgrave (Youth Only)
- Bourne (Youth Only)
- Market Rasen
- Gainsborough (Youth Only)
If you are successful you will need to undertake induction & training for role on these dates:
- Welcome Event (Induction) - Saturday 19 May 2018, 09:00-17:00 at The St John Ambulance Building, 2 Telford Drive, Newark, NG24 2DX.
- Training for role - Operational First Aid course, 2nd, 3rd, 9th and 10th June 2018 at The St John Ambulance Building, 2 Telford Drive, Newark, NG24 2DX, from 09:00-17:00
Closing date for these opportunities is: Wednesday 18 April 2018 at 12pm.
If you would like more information about these opportunities, please contact our volunteering lead, Peter Howie, District Manager, via email to: email@example.com