VQ Product Designer
Salary: £29,800 - £40,200
What it’s about
We are looking for a VQ Product Designer to join the Product Development team.
You will be part of a team of Product Designers who develop or redevelop Vocational Qualification products that are innovative, cost-effective, attractive, high quality and fit-for-purpose. You will be working to a brief set out by the Head of Product and you will interpret that to define the requirements for a qualification and its support package and delivery requirements.
You will also lead on changes to qualifications that are already being delivered and support team projects that will improve our future capabilities, such as creating banks of question types to use in sample assessments and redesigning our specifications.
What you’ll be doing
• Leading and delivering the design of new or revised products, making sure they meet regulatory, technical and other stakeholders’ requirements.
• Interpreting, recommending and articulating a vision for a complete qualification design, delivery and assessment package and preparing and leading a team of others to create it.
• Providing product specific information to support marketing, sales and training activities.
• Leading on or contributing to projects intended to improve our future capabilities.
• Working with the VQ Senior Product Designer who will support you in your role.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for somebody with experience in:
• interpreting requirements and generating a vision and instructions for creating a product and/or process
• working within a regulated environment
• creating and/or co-ordinating teaching and assessment support
And is able to:
• be determined and resourceful in the delivery of the best possible results on schedule, to budget and to requisite quality, taking into consideration the needs of customers, regulators and OCR
• constructively influence others to create buy-in and find solutions where there are conflicting interests
• collaborate with and motivate others, including those who may have less experience in product or assessment design
• be positive and resilient to the impact of change and be self-motivated
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a superb range of benefits:
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Subsidised canteens
• Support for professional qualifications
Who we are
OCR (Oxford Cambridge and RSA Examinations) is a leading UK exam board. We provide qualifications which engage people of all ages and abilities at school, college, in work or through part-time learning programmes. Our general and vocational qualifications equip learners with the knowledge and skills they need for their future, helping them achieve their full potential.
Work/life balance is important to us here at Cambridge Assessment, and we offer all our colleagues a range of flexible working options, which suit both the business and the employee. So please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 19th November and interviews will be held on 30th November.
To find out more about this role please view the job description or to apply, please upload your covering letter and CV.
As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER