Vulnerable Student Coordinator
Excellent Package - salary £17,865
37 hours per week, term time only
We are seeking to appoint a well organised, skilled and professional person to support students within the School. If you are passionate about young people, enjoy variety in your role and thrive on working in a busy environment this is a great opportunity for you. The role will be working as part of the pastoral team at Bohunt School Worthing, to improve the life outcomes and opportunities for vulnerable students and their families by providing a range of support interventions and activities. The Vulnerable Student Coordinator will provide targeted individual support to families and carers and advice in signposting to enable students and families to access universal and targeted services. The successful candidate should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, relate well to young people and possess Maths and English GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent).
Are you able to:
• Work flexibly and on your own initiative?
• Communicate effectively with a friendly and helpful disposition?
• Work calmly under pressure?
• To improve the life outcomes and opportunities for vulnerable students and their families by providing a range of support interventions and activities.
• Provide targeted individual support to families and carers and advice in signposting to enable students and families to access universal and targeted services.
• To create a positive atmosphere and professional impression that reflects our core values and ethos
• Working in a small highly motivated team of colleagues
• The opportunity to gain further experience and career progression as the school is built, the intake grows and our infrastructure expands
For further details please see our website www.bohuntworthing.com or email Susana Newhouse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read the Job Description, Letter to Applicants, School Information and Dress Code and complete the BSW Support Staff Application Form.
Closing date: Tuesday 9th July
Interview date: TBC
Start date: September 2019
Bohunt School Worthing is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake a Disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service at an Enhanced level.