Sixth Form Welfare & Guidance Officer- term time only
Salary: £20,000 - £23,000 FTE
Start date: January 2020
We are looking to appoint an experienced and well-qualified colleague to join our dynamic Sixth Form team, as we grow our newly opened Sixth Form at Bohunt School Liphook, within the Bohunt Education Trust.
Bohunt Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share and demonstrate this commitment.
The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment checks, including enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references. Please note this is a non-teaching role.
You will bring us:
• Empathy, creativity and expertise combined with excellent interpersonal skills;
• Experience in counselling and supporting young people;
• A secure understanding of school safeguarding and experience of multi-agency referrals for young people.
In return, we will offer you:
• Positive support and development in the future;
• An enthusiastic and supportive team of staff, committed to raising our high standards further;
• The opportunity to make a difference.
Bohunt School in Liphook was judged to be Outstanding in all areas in April 2013 and the school has received national coverage for a variety of innovative initiatives. Last summer’s A level results placed us in top of non-fee-paying sixth forms in the area. Bohunt School opened a new Sixth Form in purpose built accommodation in 2017, offering a variety of A Level courses to students.
The School is located in attractive, open country on the edge of Liphook (40 miles from London) with easy access to the A3 between Guildford and Portsmouth.
Visits to the school are welcome and actively encouraged.
For further details on how to apply please visit: https://www.tes.com/jobs/employer/-1012701
or email: email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 25 October
Interviews: Early November TBC