We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, self-motivated and experienced Welfare and Safeguarding Lead to join our dedicated pastoral team. You need to be passionate about the pastoral and academic wellbeing of young people. The role will:
• Support students with their academic progress, their emotional development and well being
• Manage the safeguarding within allocated year, reporting to the Designated Safeguarding Lead
• To supervise and monitor all Child Protection cases within allocated year
• To ensure that the provision and interventions delivered within allocated year support achievement, behaviour, attendance, punctuality and progress.
• Manage behaviour to ensure it is outstanding within your year group
• Liaise effectively with colleagues and appropriate external agencies
• Have knowledge and understanding of all of the different groups of students within the cohort to remove barriers to learning
We implemented a refreshed pastoral system from September 2019 and this new post will further strengthen this team.
This is a permanent role and job share or part time hours may be considered for the right candidate. Safeguarding Level 2 or 3 training would be desirable for this role but it is not essential as training will be given.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Miss Kennedy, Headteacher, on 01900 873290.