Holy Trinity Lamorbey is a thriving, 2 form entry Church of England Primary School in its second year as part of the Amadeus Primary Academies Trust, an exciting, collaboration focused multi-academy trust of 4 local schools. Under the leadership of a dynamic new head teacher with a track record of school improvement, we are looking to appoint a caring Welfare Officer to lead on the administration of all medical arrangements in school including first aid and long term chronic conditions. The successful candidate will also be expected to provide secretarial support to the Office Manager as required.
Hours: 30 hours per week over 5 days
Grade: BEX 05-1
Working weeks per year: 38 weeks
Post Start Date: 1st September 2017
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a current paediatric first aid certificate
- Be able to form excellent professional relationships with pupils and parents as well as other staff and stakeholders
- Have an outstanding attention to detail, be diligent and tenacious in their duties
- Proven experience of setting high standards and operating within a best practice framework.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present both written, and verbal information for the Office manager and Head Teacher
- Have resilience, energy, enthusiasm and a very high degree of personal initiative
We can offer you:
- Strong, focused and supportive line management by the Office Manager
- The opportunity to support our passionate leadership team, committed to driving our school forwards
- The opportunity to help shape this role
- A warm, positive, welcoming, Christian atmosphere
- A committed, enthusiastic and supportive staff team
- Excellent support from the Governing Body, the staff and parents
Informal visits are warmly encouraged.
This post is considered to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The school therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the person specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.
The school is committed to equality and diversity in employment practice and service delivery.
For further information about the school please visit our website: www.htl.bexley.sch.uk
To apply for this vacancy please request an application pack from the school office either in person or via email. Admin@htl.org.uk and return the completed application to the office before the closing date.
Closing Date for Applications: 29th June 2017
References will be requested for those short listed ONLY and prior to interview.
Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
If you feel you have the enthusiasm and commitment to contribute to the ongoing development of this successful, friendly and supportive school, we would like to hear from you. Holy Trinity Lamorbey CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure and Barred List check will be required for the successful candidate in accordance with Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education Legislation.
Holy Trinity Lamorbey CE Primary School
Burnt Oak Lane,