Welfare Officer/Reprographics Technician
30 hours per week. Monday to Friday 8.30am – 3pm. Term time plus one week
We are seeking to appoint a Welfare Officer/Reprographics Assistant work within our busy school office. This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly, forward thinking school. The successful candidate will be hard working, flexible and will enjoy working collaboratively in a friendly and supportive environment where the goal is to secure the best possible outcomes for students.
Interested candidates must be strong first aiders.
Job purpose: The Welfare Officer is responsible for the first aid arrangements in the school and the health care of students while at the school. The Welfare Officer will assist staff in supporting students with health problems, through liaison with heath authority staff, particularly the school nursing team, and other health agencies.
Welfare Officer Key Responsibilities:
- To contribute to first aid, health and wellbeing relating to students.
- To promote appropriate health guidance, wellbeing advice and other supportive strategies to students as necessary.
- To facilitate medical provision for students not withstanding differences of race, gender and educational, social or medical need.
- To maintain the medical rooms and ensure upkeep of first aid kits and supplies.
- To supervise sick and injured students, contacting parents as necessary and arranging hospitalisation or return home.
- To lead and deploy and team of first aiders, including keeping records of their first aid qualifications and arranging training sessions.
- To administer medication
- To assist the school nurse with medical examinations, testing and inoculations.
Reprographic Technician Key Responsibilities:
- Printing for whole school i.e. newsletters
- Booklet making
- Printing exam papers
If this sounds like the job for you, we’d love to hear from you!
Alderwood School is an ‘all through’ school on the outskirts of Aldershot split across 3 sites with approximately 590 pupils on our Senior site. Tis ole is based at our senior site. We are a 5/6 form entry school in North Hampshire with delightful, energetic children who thrive in our School environment.
HCC Grade C. FTE £16,209 - £17,955 (Actual £11,529 - £12,771)
Application forms can be found on our website. Completed application forms can be sent by post to the school or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and should be received no later than 12pm on the closing date. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office on 01252 343723 to arrange a visit.
Closing date: 26 February 2018 at 12 noon
Interview date: 1 March 2018
Start date: ASAP
Alderwood Senior School is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
The school’s Equal Opportunities Policy is an essential part of the Governing Body’s commitment to a fair and equal approach to the employment of all staff and towards all job applicants. Only those applicants who fulfil the job specification will be short-listed. 2 references will be sought for each candidate, and these references must be received before the interview.
There will be an interview panel comprising of the Head of School and the Business Manager. The Head of School has undertaken the ‘Safer Recruitment in Schools’ training.