Preston Bridge School is a new independent special school for pupils aged 6 – 19, situated in Paignton, Devon. Our creative, individualised approach to learning, is centred around well-being and skills for independence. From the time our students arrive, we assess their individual interests, passions and desires to build a project based curriculum to meet their needs. In so doing, we ensure they are well prepared to achieve their goals and succeed.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working, wellbeing coordinator who will be responsible in providing a blend of proactive programs and support for students individual needs, to optimise their wellbeing and learning.
The Wellbeing Coordinator will establish ongoing communication, training and positive relationships with students, staff, and external contacts to ensure students and staff are provided with the best possible support and guidance.
• Be a visible presence within the school in order to form relationships between staff and students.
• Provide opportunities for providing guidance and support to students, by private one-to-one appointments, or drop-in sessions.
• Develop appropriate strategies in conjunction with relevant colleagues and professionals, to effectively remove barriers to learning and develop replacement strategies.
• Communicate to staff relevant strategies developed
• Provide training and mentoring for staff in strategies to assist with behaviour and learning.
• Liaise with staff to ensure consistency, and help develop best practice across the school.
• To contribute to the EHCP planning and documentation for students where relevant
The wellbeing coordinator will have spent a considerable amount of time working with ASC and SEN students, and have:
• Experience of delivering Autism / SEMH specific interventions and strategies
• Experience of managing challenging behaviour
• Experience of planning and delivering small group teaching
We understand the importance of building meaningful relationships with pupils and families to nurture growth and development of relational milestones such as, building trust and sharing enjoyment. Care and making connections are at the heart of our ethos and we work hard to ensure that all staff feel cared for too.
We are strongly committed to providing high quality professional development for all our staff. As part of a new and growing group, we will be able to offer significant opportunities to work in collaboration with colleagues in order to develop innovative teaching practice.
The well-being of our staff is an important priority; therefore we provide opportunities to ensure we value their hard work and dedication and promote a healthy work-life balance. We are constantly reviewing our practices to ensure that our staff can focus on what matters: providing a rich environment in which children and young adults can learn and thrive.
We recognise that our schools all serve their own communities and are unique, but we also insist that our schools follow Spaghetti Bridge ways of working which ensure that there are high expectations and equality of opportunity for all our pupils.
Please visit our website to learn more about Spaghetti Bridge Ltd: https://www.prestonbridgeschool.co.uk
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
Spaghetti Bridge Ltd are committed to Safeguarding therefore, all employees working at this school must have the ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and well-being of our children and young people