We are seeking to appoint a Well-being Coach to work directly with the school community to improve their emotional health and well-being, whilst also working with learners, parents and stakeholders to improve their confidence and ability to give children and young people the support and direction they require to build resilience.
This role is an exciting new opportunity due to commence September 2017 and will support the SENCo and teaching team in providing inspirational learning support at Wootton Park School by:
• Working in conjunction with Senior Leaders to develop Wootton Park Schools well-being strategy.
• Assisting teaching staff in the planning, review and delivery of the curriculum by supporting learners in whole classes, individually and in small groups.
• Assisting in the health, safety, welfare, emotional and behavioural support of learners.
• Developing and delivering a range of interventions to enable learner progress and increase, independence, self-esteem, confidence and well-being of learners.
Having opened with two Reception and four Year 7 classes in September 2016 at Wootton Hall Park, Wootton Park School will grow exponentially until it reaches its full capacity of 1,260 learners. We are looking to build our committed and passionate team in line with our growing school.
Wootton Park School offers a first-rate and unique learning environment, ensuring high levels of academic achievement and personal development for all, while promoting the value of public service and building a stronger society. As an all-through (4-19) school, we believe this brings a significant number of benefits for learners and staff, and we seek staff who share this vision with us.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have a background in psychology or counselling and or promoting positive mental health.
• Be committed to securing the best outcomes for all our learners and will ‘go the extra mile’ to do this.
• Have an understanding of special educational needs and disabilities and be familiar with the EHCP and EHA processes.
• Be able to demonstrate their experience of learner inclusion.
• Be committed to maximising potential and continuous improvement, and be willing to participate fully in all aspects of school life within and beyond the classroom.
Our quest for excellence, must, however, also be combined with our unwavering commitment to care and support. Therefore, anyone seeking appointment to this role must demonstrate warmth, humour, resilience, and above all, emotional intelligence in order to uphold the values of our school.
Wootton Park School has huge ambitions for our school and aims to be outstanding in all aspects. If you are inspired by this exceptional opportunity to join us at this early stage of our journey to excellence, we want to hear from you.
Wootton Park School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Offer of a positon is subject to receiving satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Please note we do not accept CVs and references will be applied for at the shortlisting stage.
Closing date: Monday 26th June 2017 – Noon. Interviews will take place shortly after.
For further details, please either go to the school website http://www.woottonparkschool.org.uk