Cardiff Sixth Form College is an international school which brings together some of the most talented students from different countries and the local area, providing a stimulating environment in which to study. Students bring an enthusiasm and focus to their studies and, are hungry for knowledge and success. The college was set up in 2004 as a small private tutorial centre and has grown to become a vibrant school which is consistently recognised as the ‘Number 1 Sixth Form College in the UK’. We have three boarding houses on two sites with a capacity of over 300 students from 25 different nationalities.
We are seeking an experienced professional to provide high quality pastoral care for this important post. The role will involve:
· Supporting both student and staff emotional well-being across the college
· Working with Heads of House, Heads of Department and Senior Leaders to ensure all students fully access and benefit from curriculum, interventions and support programmes to improve their emotional health and wellbeing
· Support colleagues by providing specialist subject knowledge and integrity in decision making that is required for effective student support
· To oversee and manage the school’s CPD processes and assist colleagues in developing their practices, in accordance with the staff handbook and performance management policy
· Prioritise the safeguarding, welfare and health and safety of students above all other duties and be familiar with statutory safeguarding and child protection needs and requirements as well as relevant college policy.
Cardiff Sixth Form College is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is caring and reasonable in its approach to all staff.
Cardiff Sixth Form College is committed to its responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students in line with government recommendations and policies. An enhanced level DBS will be required.