Trusted for over 55 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division; and we will impact 20 million by 2020 students through the initiatives of our Charity partner Varkey Foundation.
About the School
GEMS Wellington Academy Al Khail is a premium National Curriculum for England School, located in the rapidly expanding Dubai Hills development. The Primary section opened in September 2013 and Secondary opened in September 2014 with current enrolment at 1000. This is an international world class school dedicated to fostering a passion for excellence in learning and in life.
Recently rated ‘Outstanding’ by BSO, children learn in a vibrant, inclusive and creative learning environment that encourages teamwork, critical thinking, independent inquiry and risk-taking. Our staff are recruited almost exclusively from the UK, although applications from other countries are encouraged, and are highly skilled and experienced in delivering the National Curriculum. Teaching is significantly enhanced through the use of technology, which is used predominantly by students to create and present new content. Innovation and creativity are actively encouraged and the learning programme is significantly enhanced by a rich and varied extra-curricular programme of over 100 activities, which emphasises our belief that students should be learning from the moment they arrive in school until they leave at the end of the day. We are an internationally minded school with students representing over 80 nationalities and are an accredited member of the Council of British International Schools and British School in the Middle East. We are proud of our high achieving culture: our expectation of all students is that they strive to excel and make significant progress well beyond expectations commensurate to their starting point.
About the Role
We are looking for an outstanding, innovative leader to join the GEMS Wellington Family in the position of Whole School Vice Principal – Student Culture and Parent Partnerships.
The successful candidate will play a major role on the Senior Leadership Team supporting the Principal/ CEO in driving forward the whole school from January 2022.
The post holder will be responsible for the development of systems and practices to ensure there is high quality support, care and guidance for all students and that GEMS Wellington Academy Al Khail is seen as a school of first choice for families in Dubai You will be responsible for the review of the quality and effectiveness of students’ support, care and guidance alongside the review of the quality of parent and community partnerships, ensuring home-school partnerships are optimal, effective and support the strategy for future enrolments
We are looking for someone who can successfully support collaborative work with other GEMS schools and training providers and ensure that all staff are supported with high quality continuous professional development and training which contributes to the development and achievements of the school as a genuine learning institution.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Driving student experience and culture across the whole school.
- Working with the Heads of School, and the disseminated leadership of wellbeing, care and guidance to ensure optimal outcomes for students
- Taking the lead in developing policy and practice to focus on the ethos for every student, who is at the heart of the School’s culture.
- Working closely with the Academy Leadership Team to ensure intervention is effectively meeting the need of all students.
- Driving opportunity for Research and Development in the areas of safeguarding, wellbeing, guidance and care.
- Oversight of the Front of House Team, ensuring parent communication is effective and supportive and helps secure re-enrolment.
- Work with the marketing and communications team to drive the growth of student numbers
- Oversight of the admissions team to drive on enrolments in a highly competitive market
- Maintaining awareness and knowledge of trends, developments, theory and methods in the transformation of care, guidance, support and provide suitable leadership and interpretation to staff within the School.
Lead on internal and external quality assurance processes and procedures that ensure outstanding provision, facilitate and co-ordinate parental and community partnerships.
Required qualifications and key skills:
- Qualified Teacher Status.
- Senior leadership experience in a growing school
- Proven skills in change leadership and innovation. Commitment to promote and support the vision, values and ethos of the School.
- A track record of increasing student enrolments and improving retention
- Evidence of significant and continued professional development.
- Evidence of innovation leading to raised standards and improved student and staff motivation.
- Knowledge and understanding of competency-led curriculum frameworks.
- Knowledge and understanding of what constitutes high quality educational provision and how to secure it within the school.
- Evidence of successful delivery against targets.
- Possess drive, enthusiasm, determination and boundless energy to improve the life chances and experiences of students.
- Generate high expectations, enthusiasm and commitment from staff.
- Maintain a sense of humour and proportion whilst working under pressure.
- Display a genuine love of learning and care for students.
If you meet these criteria, are enthusiastic about student culture and experience and have the drive and passion to get the most from our students then we would welcome your application.
About Your Benefits
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including:
Competitive tax free salary, individual fully furnished accommodation, free schooling for up to two children, private medical insurance, annual airfares to country of residence, and end of Service Gratuity.
GEMS Wellington Academy Al Khail is a premium National Curriculum for England School, located in the rapidly expanding Dubai Hills development. The Primary section opened in September 2013 and Secondary opened in September 2014 with current enrolment...