£23,187 - £24,599 pro rata
22.2 hours per week
An exciting opportunity to join our work based learning team in Horticulture.
In this role the post holder will be assessing on Level 2 to Level 3 Apprenticeships and other qualifications covering; Amenity horticulture, landscaping, sports turf, parks and gardens. With a good standard of education, qualified to at least level 3 in horticulture or equivalent and at least five years related industry experience, candidates should possess the A1 assessor award or be willing to attain this qualification. This role is based at the Sparsholt campus but will involve travel to visit apprentices and a full clean driving licence is required, D1 minibus driving ability would be an advantage. Successful candidates must be willing to undergo teacher training to instructor level if required.
This position is based at the Sparsholt campus.
Closing date: 21 August 2017
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death Benefit grant of 3x salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Car Share Scheme
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Holiday entitlement of 23 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas. (pro-rated for part-time staff)
• Child Care Vouchers
• Ability to Purchase Additional Annual Leave via a salary sacrifice arrangement
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
• You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey.
• Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
• Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider