Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
1. Develop learners’ skills and knowledge of themselves, expectations, needs and areas for development in relation to the world of work.
2. Assist teaching staff in planning students’ employability skills development and recording actions and progress on an individual learning plan.
3. Assist learners to aspire to paid employment and advise learners of the financial and social benefits or work related activities.
4. Secure Supported Internship placements with employers for learners with learning difficulties and disabilities.
5. Identify suitable placements/internships, which meet the needs of this learner cohort, taking into account suitability of placements and relevant safeguarding issues.
6. Provide mentoring, coaching, support and guidance to students on work placement/internship including mobility, behavioural, employability and personal support.
7. Maintain positive relationships with employers to establish successful work placement opportunities.
8. Advise and support work-based supervisors/employers to provide reasonable adjustments to accommodate learners with learning difficulties/disabilities in the workplace.
9. Maintain college recording systems for student placements.
10. Monitor students’ progress and help learners record and evidence their skills development.
11. Provide appropriate and effective feedback on progress to students, tutors and employers/placement/internship providers.
12. Liaise closely with tutors/coordinators to identify specific course requirements in relation to placements being sought.
13. Undertake DBS disclosure applications and medical questionnaires with students
14. Work with learners towards securing paid employment if there is the opportunity for them to be employed following their placement/internship.