Working across the college to ensure the arrangements for work experience are managed safely and are of high quality. Creating strong partnerships with employers and working with curriculum to secure meaningful work experience placements for college students.
Purpose of the post
Undertake college liaison activity with employers and agencies for the purpose of obtaining high quality work experience opportunities for students.
Work closely with tutors and student support tutors to identify students who require a placement and work with them to implement a programme for students to seek work experience.
Oversee the arrangements that ensure work experience employer placements are vetted for health and safety.
Lead on arrangements that ensure staff monitoring of placements is planned and effectively managed across the college.
Strive to achieve consistently outstanding provision.
1. Work with managers and tutors across the college to plan and maintain a schedule of work experience needs.
2. Support teams to prepare students for work experience through the tutorial programme and iLearn sessions
3. Work closely with student support tutors and teaching staff to ensure students are clearly identified for appropriate work experience opportunities and planning for attendance at work placement is effective.
4. Work with tutors and the Quality team to ensure learning materials to support work experience are up-to-date and utilised effectively within the tutorial programme incorporating iLearn and that ProMonitor is fully utilised to capture the work experience.
5. Work with the Employer Engagement team to ensure work placement is explored with all current and potential apprenticeship employers.
6. Contact employers to seek high quality work experience opportunities ensuring all communication with employers is followed up in a timely way.
7. Provide quality assurance that work experience monitoring is: in place, meaningful and effective.
8. Work with colleagues across the college to ensure work experience monitoring is managed within planned staffing allocations.
9. Work with the marketing department to deliver campaigns to engage employers to offer work experience opportunities.
10. Provide cross college reporting on take-up of work experience to line manager.
11. Promote the use of ProMonitor and other college systems to provide high quality opportunities to prepare for and reflect upon work experience.
12. Promote the linkage between delivery teams and employers to define ‘live project briefs’ to involve classroom based students in work that is responsive to employer’s needs.
13. Undertake a full range of promotional activities including careers fairs aimed at engaging work experience providers in learner progression opportunities.
14. Provide support to curriculum teams in preparing students for their work experience programme.
15. Work with colleagues in the council, LEP and other agencies on collaborative arrangements to involve employers in the provision of work experience.
All staff are responsible for:
16. Take responsibility for one’s own professional development and continually update as necessary, participating in appropriate staff development activities as required including the Professional Development Review.
17. Promote a positive image of the College and the work that is carried out across its various services.
18. Comply with all legislative and regulatory requirements.
19. Apply the College’s own Safeguarding Policy and practices and attend training as requested.
20. Show a commitment to diversity, equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practices. The post holder is expected to comply with and promote the College’s Equal Opportunities Policy in all aspects of their duties and responsibilities.
21. Carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibility of the job.
22. Take an active role in the health, safety and welfare of students and staff, attending training and carrying out health and safety related activities as appropriate to the role.