Pay: £16,500 – £18,000 pro-rata per annum
Hours: Part-time (0.5FTE)
At Oakwood Court College we are undertaking some changes to our structures and processes to better position ourselves to meet the needs of the learners and our communities. As a result we are now seeking a Work Experience Officer at our Dawlish Campus.
As a member of the support team at our Dawlish and Torpoint campuses, you will deliver the outcomes of the work experience strategy, ensuring person centred learning in the work place for all learners that are able to access it. You will support the Class Teacher to identify each learners’ preferences, skills and qualities and match these to meaningful placement opportunities. You will support class teachers by liaising with placements, undertaking the necessary checks and health and safety, and act as a conduit for communication and centralised tracking.
- Provide students with impartial and appropriate 1:1 or small group careers advice and guidance and draw up action plans for learners;
- Maintain detailed and accurate records of the advice and work-related learning experiences that students have received throughout the college;
- Maintain accurate records of learner destinations and coordinate alumni scheme;
- Ensure learner choices are appropriate and ambitious and are aware of the pathway choices that best suit their needs;
- Engage with CPD – including awareness of labour market trends and regional/national policy – to maintain up-to-date working knowledge and familiarity with best practice
Qualifications and Skills:
- Literacy and numeracy qualifications at least Level 2
- A full level 3 QCF Qualification (equiv of 3 Alevels), preferably in a relevant subject such as Health and Social Care or Education.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Not only will you have the privilege of working with wonderful children and fantastic colleagues, as part of Phoenix Learning and Care Group you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Employee Pension Scheme
- Retail/High-street Shopping Vouchers including childcare vouchers
- Fully Paid Holiday allowance
- 24 hour help and support for you and your family through our Employee Assistance Scheme
- Fully paid classroom based induction with extensive ongoing face to face training programs
- Aid in obtaining extra qualifications and upskilling
- Internal progression
- Professional and ongoing personal supervision process to provide you and your line manager with opportunities to reflect.
About Oakwood Court College:
Oakwood Court is a specialist independent College for young people aged 16-25 with a range of disabilities and primarily a diagnosis of autism, many of whom have additional disabilities. We were graded 2 (Good) by Ofsted in 2018 and are on a journey to Outstanding. We are entering a new phase at Oakwood, with a new senior team in place with ambitious plans for the future and a collective desire to become the College of choice for young people with SEND, with a particular specialism in developing communication and social skills through a therapeutically informed approach.
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.