Griffin House School is a highly successful independent primary school for children from the ages of 3 to 11 years. We are looking to appoint a reliable, enthusiastic and self-motivated Workshop Teacher to oversee the provision for children with SEN.
Previous experience of working with children is essential. Candidates will need to have excellent interpersonal skills, a warm and caring personality and a commitment to the nature and development of young children. A good level of numeracy and literacy skills are essential together with a positive approach, patience and understanding. The ability to communicate effectively with pupils and other staff is essential.
Main role and responsibilities:
- To oversee the provision for children with SEN
- Collaborating with professionals from external support services, e.g. SaLT, OT, STS, and co-ordinating their sessions with these children
- Organising and attending review meetings for children who have EHCPs
- Liaising with the Form Teachers and Learning Support Assistants to plan and develop timetables. These will provide for small group and 1-1 teaching sessions for pupils who will gain benefit from additional support in reading, comprehension and mathematics
- Provision of appropriate teaching resources for some of the above sessions
- Establishment of a positive, purposeful teaching environment in which every child feels secure and confident and is therefore able to work to their potential
- Leading these sessions taking account of the individual needs and learning styles of the children
- Regular liaison with Head teacher
- Writing of end of year and other reports as appropriate
Closing date: 18th January 2019
Interview date: 21st January 2019
Start date: 25th February 2019
Griffin House Preparatory School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its children and shall conduct a robust recruitment process. All applicants are expected to engage fully with the requirements of this process. Any offer to join the school is made subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check along with clearance on all other relevant safeguarding and child protection requirements.