Salford College’s vision is to be a beacon of educational excellence transforming the lives of the individuals and communities we serve
Reference Number: SCC171861
Salary: Starting salary £11,372 per annum with incremental progression to £12,935 pro rata amount of £19,577 to £22,267
Advert Closing Date: Midnight on Sunday 21st January 2018
Location: Eccles Sixth Form College
Contract Type: Permanent/ Term Time Only
Hours per Week: 24.25
An opportunity has arisen for an Equine Practical Supervisor to join the successful and highly motivated Animal and Equine Studies team based at Eccles Sixth Form College and Ryders Farm Equestrian Centre. The successful applicant will have practical knowledge and experience of the equine industry and will demonstrate competences in the care, management and husbandry of horses. You will also hold British Horse Society qualifications and be educated to at least level three (A level or Vocational qualification). You will be responsible for the day to day supervision of students on the yard and will support teaching staff during practical lessons. You will be well motivated, responsive to change and innovative with good communication skills.
To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website.
For more information please visit our website and twitter or if you have any queries regarding this vacancy please email HR@salfordcc.ac.uk
Reasons to Join Us
· Great holiday entitlement, Sixth Form College Association terms and conditions and automatic enrolment into the generous pension scheme
· A wide range of learning & career opportunities
· MyTech, Childcare, cycle to work & other voucher schemes
· Various health & wellbeing benefits (including discounted gym membership)
· We support the Skills for Life agenda and recognise the importance of all adults having functional literacy and numeracy whatever their role. All staff are therefore given the support to gain a level 2 qualification in literacy and / or numeracy if they do not already have one and all teaching staff are expected to promote the basic skills of their learners within their subjects.
Commitment to Safeguarding As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.