We are seeking to appoint a Year 1 teacher who is enthusiastic, innovative, and keen to make a real difference to the children they teach. In particular, we are looking for someone who has experience in the teaching of phonics and who will be able to contribute to raising standards in this area. Claremont Primary School is a very diverse and vibrant two-form entry primary school located in the Cricklewood area of Barnet. We have recently become an academy school as part of the Elliot Foundation Academies Trust and are embarking on an exciting new phase in the school’s development which we would love you to be a part of!
We can offer you:
- Enthusiastic, well-motivated children who will love your desire to engage them in their learning.
- A welcoming staff team who work well together and who are committed to the continuing development of the whole school.
- An inclusive environment where every child really does matter.
- Excellent professional development opportunities.
- Supportive parents and governors.
- Be an excellent class teacher (with QTS or DfE accepted equivalent) with a very good understanding of how children learn.
- Have experience of teaching phonics using the ‘Letters and Sounds’ programme and of administering the Year 1 Phonics Screening.
- Have experience of working in a socially and ethnically diverse primary school, where many pupils do not speak English as their first language.
- Understand the importance of using assessment for learning to raise standards and improve pupil achievement.
- Be able to work as part of a team and be flexible and adaptable.
- Be an effective communicator.
- Understand the importance of safeguarding and be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Contribute to the hardworking, dedicated and caring ethos of the school and build positive relations with children, colleagues, parents and governors.
To apply, please download the application form, covering letter, job description and person specification from the TES website and email your completed application form to email@example.com by the closing date.
Please note: only applications on the official form will be accepted.
Closing date: Tuesday 6th December 2016.
Interviews: date to be confirmed.
Claremont Primary School is committed to equality of opportunity and the safeguarding of children. Successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check and to confirm that they are not disqualified from teaching.