Contract Term: 2 years with subsequent year of renewal
With more than fifty years of education experience, GEMS Education is committed to improving the quality of education worldwide. It is the leading Kindergarten to Year 12 private education operator in the world, educating more than 110,000 children from 151 different nationalities. To find out more about GEMS Education, kindly visit: www.gemseducation.com
Minimum Bachelor Degree in the related field of position applied, PGCE, QTS, Police Clearance in year 2018, Child Protection/Safe Guarding Certificate, IGCSE Level Teaching Experience, Minimum 3 years teaching experience in an International School.
We have adopted the GEMS Core Values in our collective beliefs. They set the standard that we expect from all GEMS people –from employees and teachers, to parents and students.
GEMS International School Tropicana Metropark, Subang (GIM) wants all our students to develop an appreciation of their culture, their home or host country, as we seek to combine our National/Cambridge Primary and Secondary curriculum in a meaningful way with Malaysian Studies and language components to create an ‘enriched’ experience for our students.
Beyond the classroom, GIM offers enriching experiences and extracurricular activities beyond the classroom. Students from FS1 to Year 12 can take part in activities to pursue their interests, and have the chance to develop and explore new ones.
Outstanding, experienced teacher required for immediate start owing to the healthy expansion of our wonderful new school: GEMS International School, Metropark, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia: http://metropark.gems.edu.my/
Suitable candidates are invited to forward their CV to the Deputy Principal, Craig Lewis: email@example.com. The ability to offer an additional subject will be an advantage.
GEMS teachers enjoy an outstanding school environment in which to deliver a dynamic and creative curriculum to motivated students.
Apart from being a great place to work, Subang Malaysia is only minutes away from Petaling Jaya, a satellite city with many attractions for food enthusiasts, theme park entertainment, malls, nature, etc. Subang Malaysia is also about 30km away from Kuala Lumpur, a vibrant cosmopolitan city center of Malaysia with many more great attractions for locals as well as expatriates.
GEMS takes its duty of care seriously and expects all candidates to have an up-to-date UK DBS or equivalent police check.
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including (The Expatriate Package consist of Basic Salary, Housing and other Allowance.):
- One-off relocation allowance is provided.
- Employment visas for overseas hiring. Assistance in applying and processing dependent visas but the visa and processing cost shall be borne by the employee.
- 10 days, 9 nights stay in a suitable hotel prior to obtaining own accommodation upon entering Malaysia for the first time.
- Assistance from a housing agent before arrival to secure a place to stay in Malaysia
- Tuition Fee Concession for up to 2 children studying in the school for expatriate teachers is 2 children x 100%. Tuition Fee Concession is for the payment of or towards tuition fees, Registration Fees, Administration fees only and shall not include the cost of consumables, materials books or any other items required by the student.
- Medical coverage is provided for spouse of the expatriate teacher including up to 1 child below 18 years of age.
- Annual return flight allowance (economy class) for employee, legal spouse + 1 child (dependent and below the age of 18 years old) per year to their declared hometown, subject to the condition that spouse and child are residing in Malaysia.