Longvernal Primary School is part of the Midsomer Norton Schools Partnership and is proud to be one of very few schools nationally to be a ‘Recognised Forest School Provider’ by the Forest School Association (FSA). We are committed to promoting outdoor learning, preparing our pupils to be outward-looking global citizens who embrace diversity and respect others and the world we live in. Every child and parent is considered to be a member of the ‘Longvernal Family,’ every one of us special and unique.
Salary GBP £25,714-£36,961 per year (M1 to M6)
Full Time, Temporary Contract to cover maternity leave.
Start date: As soon as possible from 27th September 2021. The current post holder needs to socially distance but will still be working for the first few weeks to support. Medium term plans for Term 1 are in place.
Closing date 22nd September
Interview date/s 24th September
We are looking for a qualified teacher to join our team in Key Stage 1 to cover maternity leave. The successful candidate will have had some experience working with KS1 children and it would be advantageous to have an understanding of Read, Write Inc which is the approach to phonics used at the school.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has a passion for teaching and high expectations for children’s learning
• Is dedicated to nurturing and developing the whole child in line with our Longvernal Values
• Is committed to working effectively in a team, always willing and able to ‘go the extra mile’ to build relationships with children, parents and staff
• Enjoys taking learning outdoors
• Is interested in CPD opportunities, particularly with regard to curriculum development
• Is motivated to use initiative and help us continue to strive for Outstanding
• Has a willingness to support or offer subject leadership
In return, we can offer:
• A friendly, supportive team who will welcome you as a new member of the ‘Longvernal Family’
• Children whose learning behaviours are outstanding, rendering teaching them very rewarding
• An environment where the culture throughout is one of respecting difference and nurturing potential in both children and staff
Longvernal School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and, as such, all post holders are subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check and satisfactory references.
Visits to the school are welcome. We will be offering visits at 10.30am on 21st September. However if you are unable to make this and you have any questions, phone calls to the Headteacher are welcomed.
Longvernal Primary School
Bath and North East Somerset
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 11 years