Smart Teachers is recruiting for Year 1 Teacher to join a popular oversubscribed primary school located in Thamesmead. This vibrant, high achieving “Outstanding” school is well resourced with large spacious playgrounds. Students hail from a diversity of backgrounds and the school is dedicated to providing a high quality education for all. Starting September, the successful Year 1 Teacher will be covering maternity leave. This is a unique opportunity to join a stand out school and this role may become permanent for the right candidate.
About the Role
• Year 1 Teacher
• Maternity cover from September (on a timesheet basis)
• £130 - £180 per day depending on experience
About the School
• Popular oversubscribed school
• ‘Outstanding’ as graded by OFSTED
• Large spacious playgrounds
• Well-equipped classrooms
• Fantastic supportive staff
• Located in Thamesmead
In order to be considered for this role, the Year 1 Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
• Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number DXH15815.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.