Year 1 Teacher
£90-£213 per day
Vision for Education are seeking to employ an experienced Year 1 Teacher to work in a Primary School establishment set in the heart of Newcastle. This position will be full time, working between the hours of 08:30-15:30 and is set to begin at the beginning of January 2022. The Year 1 Teacher must have an excellent work ethic and have experience of delivering Read, Write, Inc Phonics within the classroom. Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position is Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
The successful candidate will have experience of teaching in Key Stage 1 and covering a vast majority of subjects. The Teacher must be confident in teaching a large group of 30 pupils and be able to work alongside a Teaching Assistant to effectively complete all classroom responsibilities. Furthermore, they must be able to implement excellent behaviour management strategies and set high expectations within the classroom to allow pupils to progress and achieve highly.
This is a larger than average provision which is supported by an outstanding team of Teachers and Teaching Assistants. The school wish to employ a teacher with a positive working attitude, who will support all pupils and work together as part of a team.
To be considered for the Year 1 Teacher position, you will:
• Hold a minimum of Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
• Have experience of teaching in Key Stage 1.
• Have experience of teaching Read, Write, Inc Phonics.
• Have excellent behaviour management.
• Be able to provide outstanding provision for all pupils.
• Have had experience of supporting children with diverse needs.
Vision for Education is committed to Safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS Check that must be registered to the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
• Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
• £125 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme after working 30 full days.
• Access to a dedicated primary consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a qualified Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Newcastle primary team on 0191 267 4555.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.