Our larger than average primary school is continuing to increase in numbers. We are therefore looking for more outstanding teachers to join our vibrant and pioneering school.
At Warley Road “teaching is constantly good and pupils achieve well in a variety of subjects” Ofsted 2017. We are looking to recruit teachers for permanent positions.
The successful candidates must be committed to providing the very best learning opportunities for our children and work well within our existing teams.
We are happy to accept applications both from NQTs and from experienced teachers. TLRs may be available for suitable candidates.
For all posts we can offer:
• a happy, vibrant team
• enthusiastic and friendly children, staff and parents
• a comprehensive CPD package to support outstanding practice
• state of the art facilities (including a swimming pool) and a quality working environment
We strongly recommend that interested applicants visit the school. Please contact the school to arrange a visit.
• To carry out the professional duties of a school teacher as provided under the School Teachers Pay and Conditions Document
• To be responsible for the organisation, management and administration of the classroom in a child-centred manner appropriate to the age and abilities of the children
• To plan, prepare, teach, assess and record achievement appropriately for the age and abilities of the children, ensuring that learning objectives are clear
• To set curriculum targets appropriate to the learning needs of the children
• Where appropriate to plan skill development that will impact across the curriculum
• To maintain children’s motivation through good classroom practise and presentation
• To provide high quality learning experiences
• To provide a stimulating and exciting classroom environment
• To ensure that work is differentiated to meet the needs of both SEN & gifted and talented children
• To actively promote the spiritual, moral, cultural, social, mental and physical development of the children
• To maintain a consistent, positive approach to discipline and pastoral welfare of the pupils in accordance with the schools’ policy
• To review from time to time teaching methods and programmes of work, modifying as necessary
• To work as part of a whole school team whose main objective is to provide high quality child-centred education
• To support other colleagues
• To participate in performance management
• To keep up to date with national developments and initiatives and participate in appropriate INSET
• To undertake any supervisory duties that are necessary for the health and safety of the children e.g. break times
To be responsible for the development & co-ordination of a curriculum area, ensuring that requirements of the National Curriculum are being met
• To ensure programmes of study are appropriate to the needs of the children and that they are making adequate progress
• To keep up-to-date with new initiatives, attending INSET and disseminating information to staff
• To monitor and evaluate teaching and learning as identified in the School Improvement Plan
• To monitor planning to ensure consistency across year groups and progression throughout the school
• To collect and scrutinise samples of work, identifying development points for whole school improvement
• To give professional support to staff as required
• To assemble and maintain resources, ensuring that these are high quality and appropriate
• To liaise with the governors, where appropriate, and play an active part in the development of the School Improvement Plan
• To periodically review whole school provision
NQT’s are not expected to lead a curriculum area in their first year
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Interested candidates are requested to download the job description, person specification and application form from https://warleyroad.calderdale.sch.uk/vacancies/
Completed applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon, Friday 13th December 2019. Interviews to be held w/c Monday 16th December 2019.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.