Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Year 2 Teacher / KS1 Teacher to join a wonderful and well-respected faith based primary school in Southwark. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a school that simply put embraces the adjective “lovely”; as the school is warm, welcoming and well run with a large amount of support given to staff. The school is ideally looking for a Year 2 Teacher / KS1 Teacher with prior experience of SATs, but would be open to an experienced teacher with a proven track record of outstanding classroom practice. This is a maternity role starting February 2019.
About the Role
· Year 2 Teacher / KS1 Teacher
· Responsible for Year 2 SAT’s
· Maternity cover contract from February 2019
· Daily rate from £145
About the School
· Inclusive faith based primary school with a modern learning environment
· Rated ‘Good’ by OFSTED
· Supportive and welcoming leadership
· Historical links to the community
· Strong values which both parents and children subscribe to
· Large classrooms and extensive outdoor space
· Based in Zone 2 where transport links are easily accessible
In order to be considered for this role, the Year 2 Teacher / KS1 Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
· NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
· Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number NXB0820.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.