St Clare's is a master-planned Prep to Year 6 co-educational primary school located in Yarrabilba. Yarrabilba, meaning ‘Place of Song’, is situated between Brisbane and the Gold Coast. St Clare’s, located within close proximity to Mount Tamborine, is surrounded by South-East Queensland’s natural beauty.
St Clare’s opened in 2017, offering a contemporary primary education in the Franciscan tradition for the young people of the local area. St Clare’s vision is to provide contemporary learning environments with high expectations for each student to maximise learning, progress and achievement.
Visit our school website here
We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated Year 4 teacher to join our close knit school community.
In this role, you will be expected to:
• Ensure that the teachings and values of the Catholic Church form a foundation for learning and teaching,
• Create a nurturing and ordered learning environment which is learner centred, supportive, cooperative and aligned with relevant curriculum policies, documents and practices,
• Collaboratively develop and implement quality curriculum programs and appropriate pedagogy,
• Proactively engage with professional renewal practices to enhance student outcomes, and
• Work with the leadership team, teachers and other staff members in contributing to the professional life of the school.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• Strong literacy and numeracy practices plus a clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum,
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills,
• Proven organisational skills,
• An ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers,
• Attend in detail to innovative and creative practices,
• An ability to identify and cater for different learning styles,
• Competent at integrating digital technology into a contemporary learning environment, and
• As this position requires classroom teaching of Religious Education, applicants must be Catholic.
For more detailed information regarding the requirements of this position, please see the Teacher role description.
Applicants are required to address these points in the “letter of application” section of the online application form.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing July 2021
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): Semester 2 - 2021
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Michael McInerney
Contact Telephone Number: 0423 052 869
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 30-May-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education