Location: West Wyalong, NSW
Employment Type: Full-time, Temporary (Parental Leave Contract)
Salary Range: $65,165 - $114,720 + Superannuation (based on skills and experience)
Start Date: 19 April - 17 December 2021
Closing Date: 11.55pm, Wednesday 24 March 2021
St Mary’s War Memorial School aims to develop a faith filled Catholic learning community of hope, joy, wonder and peace where all are welcome and inspire to grow to their potential. We are looking for teachers who would be exemplary in leading, supporting and promoting a culture and atmosphere of Catholic values and faith development.
About the Role
The position will be required to carry out the duties of providing an engaging curriculum for students based on current teaching practice and behaviour management strategies informed by a variety of forms of assessment. The role requires a teacher to engage positively with colleagues, students and parents with the ability to organise, select and design content for effective teaching and learning.
This position is temporary in nature because the substantive occupant (the incumbent) is taking parental leave. The incumbent is entitled to return earlier to their substantive position in accordance with the Fair Work Act 2009.
We are seeking a teaching professional who has an understanding of the role of monitoring, assessment and reporting processes to facilitate the learning and achievement of students. You will have the capacity to work as a member of a team and possess the ability to integrate learning technologies across a variety of learning areas. Additionally, you will have the capacity to contribute to the spiritual and community life of the school.
Benefits and Opportunities
- Leave the hustle and bustle of city life behind and enjoy the balance of career and a country lifestyle
- Relocation assistance available
- Go beyond the urban teaching experience in this pivotal role
- A solid understanding and commitment to the Church’s mission in Catholic Education;
- The capacity to contribute to the spiritual and community life of the school;
- A sound understanding of current educational practice;
- The ability to plan and manage the teaching and learning process to accommodate a diverse range of educational needs and learning styles;
- An understanding of the role of monitoring, assessment and reporting processes to facilitate the learning and achievement of students;
- Capacity to work as a member of a team;
- Ability to integrate learning technologies across a variety of learning areas.
Please refer to the role description for an in-depth detail regarding criteria and skill set required.
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and current resume including a statement of suitability against the skills, attributes and experience as outlined in the Position Description.
For further information about the School please visit our website. Information about Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn can be accessed here.
Position specific queries: Please contact Angela Scott on 02 6972 3003 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application queries: Please contact the Recruitment Team on 02 6234 5427 or via email Recruitment@cg.catholic.edu.au
Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn