Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Year 5 Class Teacher for a vibrant and forward thinking primary school based in the heart of Walthamstow, East London. The school is looking for a passionate teacher to join its successful Key Stage 2 team from November 2019 to cover a maternity position. With a close-knit team of staff and senior leadership, this is a wonderful school to become a-part-of.
About the Role
• Year 5 Class Teacher
• Full class responsibility and collaborative planning alongside the Year 5
• Full time fixed contract
• MPS Salary
About the School
• Two-form school with great reputation within the local authority
• High standards of teaching taught by a school team with a mixture of both internationally trained teachers as well as those from the UK
• Low turnover of staff
• Provision for Autism on-site, further complementing the schools ‘inclusive’ school status
• On-site parking provided
• Rated ‘good’ by Ofsted with ‘outstanding features’ with particular reference to leadership and management
In order to be considered for this role, you will need to meet the following criteria:
• Hold a Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
• Have proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
• Have an Early Years training is ideal, although those with Key Stage 1 experience will be considered
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
• Ongoing CPD workshops including Phonics, EAL, Behaviour Management, Child Safeguarding, and SEND
• Competitive pay rates that are negotiable based on experience
• Regular social events
• Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job reference number DDS27750.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.