We are looking for a Key Stage 2 class teacher to join our growing team and lead a class of brilliant children in year 5.
We are a positive and progressive school and would like to appoint a class teacher to lead our oldest pupils in the school who begin in year 5 in September 2021. We would particularly like to work with a primary teacher with a science specialism that can help us to raise the profile of science here at Floreat with excellent teaching and their deep interest in scientific enquiry.
If the answer to the following questions is yes then we would like to meet you:
- Do you have the capability and determination to provide excellent science lessons that engage children and inspire your colleagues?
- Would you like to work with colleagues to develop an exceptional science curriculum?
- Can you see the advantages of developing a science curriculum in a school that is committed to outdoor learning?
- Do you have a passion for creating learning opportunities both inside and outside the classroom?
- Would you like to teach in a school that offers the best of the National Curriculum with thematic project work to bring learning to life and make experiences meaningful?
- Do you want to work in a school that values the whole child?
- Do you want to work in a school that gives you freedom to innovate?
As the school continues to grow we anticipate many opportunities to develop your career and progress at Floreat. As part of the GLF community of schools, you can expect excellent professional development and strong support.
With inspiring outdoor learning spaces, the latest technology in classrooms and an engaged, active community this is an exciting time to join our school.
About Floreat Montague Park:
Floreat Montague Park Primary School opened its doors for the first time in September 2016. The School is developing fast and the following 6 areas are of special interest:
- Personal Development
We benefit from being a GLF school and actively work to support the GLF education mission:
‘To be a supportive family of schools where together we grow, learn and flourish’
What we are looking for:
- A teacher who loves their work
- A science specialist with a track record of strong subject leadership
- A teacher who is inspired by children and their colleagues
- An excellent teacher and role model to children, colleagues and parents, exemplifying our core principle of kindness
- A highly motivated and creative teacher
- A teacher who can create a culture of high expectations for behaviour and achievement of all children
- A positive, open-minded professional
- A teacher who is able to build strong relationships with the many stakeholders in a school
Why work at Floreat Montague Park:
- You will be part of a progressive group of professionals intent on building a successful new school
- You will be part of Floreat Montague Park at the beginning - we are only up to year 4 at present
- You will be an important contributor to the Floreat curriculum
- You will be encouraged and have the freedom to innovate
- You will be able to work in Montague Park, a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast growing new community
- You will be part of the GLF family of schools, a trust with a clear education vision and focus on securing improvement through professional development
Salary: Teachers Main or Upper Pay Scale
Closing date for applications - 15 January 2021
Interview date – TBC
If you would like further information about this role, or to have an informal discussion, please contact the Headteacher, Patrick Pritchett. See our website vacancies page for contact details.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.
Floreat Montague Park
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years