We are looking for an experienced and inspirational Class Teacher, holding QTS or equivalent, to be Year 6 Leader at this exciting time for our school.
Previously known as the Bexley Business Academy, Harris Garrard Academy is an all-through 3–18 academy with approximately 1350 pupils on roll and joined the Harris Federation as a sponsored academy in September 2017. The academy is based in Thamesmead in a purpose built building. We are now on a journey towards “Outstanding”, led by a highly experienced executive principal with a proven track record of school transformation.
Our vision is clear: nothing is impossible and everything is possible, irrespective of personal characteristics or background. Every problem has a solution. We believe we are more robust, resilient and determined as a team than as a group of individuals. We support, challenge and hold each other to account at all levels within the academy to ensure that our students achieve their potential, are motivated, engaged and fully prepared for life beyond our academy.
What we are looking for:
Harris Garrard Academy is seeking to appoint inspirational and talented staff. We have high expectations where outstanding teaching and the wellbeing of all pupils and staff are at the heart of our improvement planning, our pedagogy and practice.
We welcome applications from experienced practitioners who will:
- Model and disseminate high quality teaching pedagogy and practice to secure consistently good or outstanding teaching and learning for our children;
- Be committed to on-going professional development;
- Contribute to the wider life at the academy;
- Maintain a dynamic and inspiring learning environment;
- Be innovative, highly motivated and eager to take a lead;
- Have good interpersonal skills and are able to work well as part of our team.
Please download the candidate information pack for more information on the role and responsibilities.
Why work at Harris Garrard Academy?
- The opportunity to be involved in the transformation of a school from the very start
- A stunning working environment, in a purpose-built school designed by Norman Foster and nominated for the Stirling Prize for architecture in 2004
- A highly motivated team, led by exceptionally experienced and talented senior leaders
- All the advantages of a successful academy group, with a strong central team of support, teaching and leadership staff
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package
Visits are strongly encouraged and very welcome.
For more information, please contact the school on 0208 320 4800.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.