One of our well-led primary schools in Bestwood require a qualified primary teacher to work in one of their year 6 classes for 1 term starting in the new year.
The school have 236 currently on roll. They know their children well and acknowledge that building positive relationships coupled with high expectations and high quality learning are the keys to success. They also believe that parents/carers are important partners in every child’s education, and with their support, the school actively encourage and expect parents/carers to engage in supporting their child’s learning.
Job responsibilities may include:
- Working in partnership with Key Stage 2 teachers.
- Full pastoral responsibility for the Year 6 class.
- Detailed planning, preparation & assessment of each Year 6 pupil.
- Thorough knowledge of Year 6 curriculum.
- Provision of dynamic and well organised lessons.Systematic behaviour management.
- Upholding the school’s policies, philosophy and systems.
- Providing cover for sick colleagues where necessary.
- Providing attractive displays and maintaining an ordered classroom.
- Working productively with classroom assistants
Applicants also must have a recognised teaching qualification with QTS, and a minimum of 6 months UK teaching experience.
If you would like to work in this welcoming and reputable school, please send your up-to-date CV and we will contact you if you have been successful.