Job Title: Year 7 Catch-Up Teacher
(MPS 1-6 £22,917 - £33,824 - UPS 1-3 £35,927 - £38,633)
Purpose of job: To carry out the functions of a teacher at Leeds City Academy according to the ethos and expectations of the academy, in order to achieve our key aim of raising outcomes for all students. Working primarily with Year 7 students in the subjects of Maths and English who are recognised as below expected levels, and need to ‘catch up’. Underperformance will be identified through SATS primary scores, through Leeds City Academy CATS testing scores on entry, or through identification by teaching staff. This post would be ideal for a Primary teacher who would like to bridge the gap between Primary Education and Secondary Education and enjoy the challenge of working in the Secondary sector.
Raising the attainment of key groups of underachieving KS3 students in Maths, English or both.
Reporting directly to the Assistant Principal for Key stage 3 on the progress of identified groups or individuals.
Developing bespoke intervention packages in Literacy and Numeracy for Year 7 students.
Assessing targeted students in line with the 1-9 grading criteria and below.
Liaising closely with the Directors of Learning for Maths and English to ensure intervention is in line with National Curriculum expectations for English and Maths.
Develop Primary literacy or numeracy resources to use with Year 7 students.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
• To teach identified groups or individual students in Year 7 in intervention sessions or a withdrawal from lessons.
• To ensure reading levels are accurate for targeted students and that bespoke reading intervention programmes are put in place as necessary.
• Create and deliver appropriate intervention material that meets the needs of the KS3 students.
• Develop and deliver phonics lessons to targeted individuals to close any gaps in prior learning.
• Teach numeracy to small groups or individual students and provide strategies to help students develop their mathematical understanding.
• Develop and deliver numeracy lessons to targeted individuals to close any gaps in prior learning.
• Take full responsibility for student welfare, in delivery of sessions
• Insist on a positive climate for learning and high expectations of behaviour.
• Adhere to the teacher standards in all aspects of English and maths delivery.
• Complete pastoral duties at break or lunchtime in line with the Academy policy.
• Lead or support a form group as required.
• Attend transition events and planning meetings for transition events.
• Attend all Year 7 & 8 curriculum evenings. (Parents evenings)
• Attend all CPD training events pertinent to the role of KS3 Intervention Leader
• Understand how children and young people develop and how the progress, rate of development and well-being of learners are affected by a range of developmental, social, religious, ethnic, cultural and linguistic influences.
• Undertake all duties and supervision of the students in the Academy as directed by the Principal.
• To promote equal opportunities in Education in Order that all children and families will gain optimum benefit from the service provided
Leeds City Academy is an 11-16 school situated in the vibrant heart of Leeds. We are a smaller academy, enabling our staff to nurture the talent and realise the potential of each and every student. We provide an exceptional education and life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society. Our vision at Leeds City Academy is clear: we will be Ofsted rated as outstanding within the next three years.
The White Rose Academies Trust is a local trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students.
The Trust employs over 300 outstanding professionals who are committed to unlocking the potential of the next generation. Working in partnership with Gorse Academies Trust, we are on a significant journey which will see all of our schools Ofsted rated as outstanding within three years.
We are sponsored by Leeds City College, who provide expertise, international networks and highly desirable employability prospects within education and beyond.
Start date: September 2018
Closing date: 21/05/2018 12:00 noon
Shortlisting date: 21/05/2018
Interview date: 24/05/2018
To apply visit http://www.leedscityacademy.org.uk/Academy/Careers/ in order to download an application form. Once completed please email to email@example.com