Teacher – Gifted and Talented, Year 7 (and/or Years 3-6) with potential for leadership FTE/PTE Math/Science
About the Academy
The Central West Leadership Academy is a new, independent, non-denominational, selective school located in Dubbo, NSW. The Academy will have a composite class of Years 3-6 and a dedicated Year 7 class in 2019, growing to Years 3-12 in subsequent years.
The Central West Leadership Academy provides a different approach to education through 21st Century Schooling, designed to inspire learning and empower students to discover their future potential and take their place in an ever-changing, technical world.
Nature of the Role
The teacher is responsible for promoting a challenging environment by devising, monitoring and delivering the educational program for gifted and/or talented students in Year 7 and/or Years 3-6. The aim of this role is to maximise educational options for this group of students so that they are able to achieve their personal best. The roles may be filled by an excellent Stage 3 teacher or the role may be split between full time/part time high school specialists. Outstanding and driven recent graduates are also encouraged to apply.
Main Responsibility and Accountability Areas
- Developing and implementing a program of gifted and talented education
- Providing a high standard of teaching practice based upon an understanding of varied teaching and 21st Century Skills learning approaches
- Assessing and monitoring students progress and providing feedback to students and parents
- Use of evidence based practice to inform assessment and decision making
Key Performance Indicators
- The provision of high quality support to gifted and talented students
- The provision of educational opportunities and activities which enable all students to achieve their highest potential in the program
- Excellent collegial relations
- Regular participation in professional development courses and programs
- Demonstrated awareness of and ability to implement work health and safety practices and emergency procedures when required
- Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community:
- Participate in professional and community networks and forums to broaden knowledge and improve practice.
- Promote the Gifted and Talented Program to potential students and parents.
- Attend and present at Information Evenings and other sessions within the School.
- Model exemplary ethical behaviour and exercise informed judgements in all professional dealings and communications with students, colleagues and the community.
The role requires an experienced, quality educator with the capacity to develop gifted learners in their mainstream classroom.
- Teacher registration with the NESA
- Tertiary qualification in Gifted Education preferred, Postgraduate qualifications (or willing to commence within 12 months of appointment) in gifted education
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, written and digital), with demonstrated ability to build rapport and interact effectively at all levels of the school
- High-level knowledge and understanding of gifted education including identification, differentiation, 21st Century Skills pedagogy, programs, strategies and the social and emotional needs of all gifted students
- Proven ability to work collaboratively
- Have a high degree of discretion, confidentiality and the ability to handle work situations in a professional manner
- Demonstrates initiative, drive and self-motivation, with the ability to meet and exceed deadlines
- Ability to use data and research to inform processes and to improve strategic direction
- High level ICT skills to assist in the development of pathways for highly and profoundly gifted learners
- Use the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers to plan personal professional development goals
Central West Leadership Academy
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants are expected to provide :
- A covering letter to the Principal outlining reasons and suitability for the application.
- Details addressing each of the position requirements as listed for this position.
- A Curriculum Vitae outlining how current and previous experience aligns with this position.
- Names and contact details of three referees, one of whom should be the applicant’s immediate supervisor/ Principal.
Applications will be received via email email@example.com up until 4.00pm on the closing date.