Bradford Forster Academy is a new 11-16 Church of England secondary Academy and part of the Bradford Diocesan Academies Trust (BDAT), a growing Christian Multi-Academy Trust based in Bradford. The Academy opened on 1st September 2015 and now has 750 students on roll in years 7, 8, 9 and 10 and will have five year groups in September 2019. Within BDAT there is an exciting opportunity to work across a variety of growing diverse schools.
In order to further accelerate outcomes and continue to grow our talented staff team, we are currently seeking to appoint an outstanding Year group Achievement Leader to join our successful team. You will already be an outstanding teacher capable of delivering inspirational lessons and able to ensure that students are appropriately challenged, supported and achieve their expected levels of progress or better.
Our Year Group Achievement Leaders are responsible for developing, leading and managing a highly effective tutor team to ensure that students make excellent progress and to focus on improving the attendance of their year group. You will also teach science as part of our successful and hard-working science team.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a talented and ambitious professional to make a sustained and substantial contribution to the growth and development of the Academy. The role offers the successful candidate a challenge that will be both rewarding and fulfilling and will support you to achieve your own personal career goals and aspirations. We actively welcome applications from outstanding teachers who are looking to further develop their career.
The successful candidate will be:
- An outstanding classroom practitioner and looking to develop your career in a teaching and learning role
- Able to encourage and enthuse students to achieve their full potential, creating a culture of learning through the consistent application of high expectations
- Able to develop and deliver an assembly programme that inspires, develops cultural literacy, celebrates success and reinforces our ethos and high expectations
In return for your commitment we can offer:
- An academy and senior leadership team that will allow you to be inspirational, proactive and play an active part in our school improvement
- Tailored CPD with a strong commitment on developing individual career paths
- An academy that welcomes new ideas with energy and enthusiasm
- An approach which supports and stimulates professional growth
- A supportive Leadership Team
If you are looking to join an academy with a culture of professional learning and reflection, then we want to hear from you. Visits to the academy are encouraged and can be arranged by contacting Natalie Harrison, at firstname.lastname@example.org . The academy is holding a recruitment fair on Tuesday 22nd January from 4.30 – 6.30pm, which will give you the opportunity to meet the senior and middle leadership team and the opportunity to look round and ask questions.
The closing date for applications is 9.00 am Friday, 25th January 2019.
Interviews will be held during w/c 28th January 2019.
For full details, application form with information pack, please visit our website
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced criminal records check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).