Closing Date: Monday 30th April 12pm
Interview Dates: TBC
Salary: Main Pay Scale Plus competitive allowance and performance related bonuses
Contract type: Permanent
Contract term: September 2018
Do you want to work in a “good school”… with “outstanding leadership and management at all levels”? Ofsted 2015
The Petchey Academy is seeking to appoint dynamic, pioneering and entrepreneurial staff to work at this academy, where there are good opportunities for career advancement supported by strong CPD. We are currently recruiting for a Year Lead with any teaching subject. This position is ideal if you are thinking of pursuing a career in a pastoral role with the support of the academy. The academy is seeking to appoint a pastoral leader who will focus on achieving academic success for students in a caring supportive environment.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
· Contribute to an outstanding Learning Centre;
· Support students to succeed beyond national expectations
· Work with dedicated and enthusiastic team of academic tutors to inspire our students.
· Enjoy state of art ICT facilities
· Enjoy excellent professional development opportunities and grow within the academy
· An excellent benefits package
Knowledge and Experience
- At least 2 years working within the secondary sector of education with some managerial and leadership experience
- Experience of working in a school with a culturally and socially diverse student population
- Working knowledge of SEND Code of Practice
- An understanding of the demands of an education/school environment
- Ability to Safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people
Personal Qualities, Skills and Abilities
- Able to work calmly and effectively with challenging young people and their parents
- Computer literate, able to use IT based administrative systems.
- Good written and oral communication skills: able to respond to general enquiries in a helpful and informative manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including listening, negotiation, persuasion and direction
- Flexible, adaptable, results orientated and able to prioritise, and resilient under pressure.
- Organised and able to work under their own initiative
- Able to work with personnel from all levels
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to the achievement of the Academy’s overall vision.
- Awareness of and commitment to diversity and inclusion. Demonstrates respect for people, regardless of ethnic origin, gender or disability.
The Petchey Academy, under the patronage of Jack Petchey is dedicated to enabling young people to aspire and succeed. We have adopted his motto and encourage our students to truly believe “If I think I can….I can!”
If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding position, enriching the lives of the students who attend The Petchey Academy, then we are keen to hear from you.
TPA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be requested to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check
To apply please visit our website www.petcheyacademy.org.uk and our recruitment-vacancies page