Year Lead (Head of Year)
Closing Dates: 15th October 2017
Salary: Competitive plus allowance and performance related bonuses
Contract type: Permanent
Start Date: January 2018
Do you want to work in a “good school”… with “outstanding leadership and management at all levels”? Ofsted 2015
Are you looking for a school where “There is a strong, aspirational and supportive ‘family’ culture of teams”, “where commitment to learning and development is high” Investors in People GOLD AWARD 2014
The Petchey Academy is seeking to appoint dynamic, pioneering and entrepreneurial staff to work at this academy, where there are good opportunities for career advancement supported by strong CPD. We are currently recruiting for a Year Lead that ideally teaches either, PE, Maths, English or Science. This position is ideal if you are thinking of pursuing a career in a pastoral role with the support of the academy. The academy is seeking to appoint a pastoral leader who will focus on achieving academic success for students in a caring supportive environment.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
· Contribute to an outstanding Learning Centre; either PE, Maths, English or Science.
· Support students to succeed beyond national expectations
· Work with dedicated and enthusiastic team of academic tutors to inspire our students.
· Enjoy state of art facilities
· Enjoy excellent professional development opportunities and grow within the academy
· Enjoy an excellent benefits package including an onsite sports club
Knowledge and Experience
- At least 2 years working within the secondary sector of education with some managerial and leadership experience
- Experience of working in a school with a culturally and socially diverse student population
- Working knowledge of SEN Code of Practice
- An understanding of the demands of an education/school environment
- Ability to Safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people
- Preferably the ability to teach; PE, Mathematics, English or Science.
Personal Qualities, Skills and Abilities
- Able to work calmly and effectively with challenging young people and their parents
- Good written and oral communication skills: able to respond to general enquiries in a helpful and informative manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including listening, negotiation, persuasion and direction
- Flexible, adaptable, results orientated and able to prioritise, and resilient under pressure.
- Organised and able to work under their own initiative
- Able to work with personnel from all levels
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to the achievement of the Academy’s overall vision.
- Awareness of and commitment to diversity and inclusion. Demonstrates respect for people, regardless of ethnic origin, gender or disability.
The Petchey Academy, under the patronage of Jack Petchey, is dedicated to enabling young people to aspire and succeed. We have adopted his motto and encourage our students to truly believe “If I think I can….I can!” If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding position, enriching the lives of the students who attend The Petchey Academy, then we are keen to hear from you. .
The Petchey Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be requested to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
The Petchey Academy is committed to promoting equality for all students and employees. Every individual will be treated with courtesy and respect and their contribution to the learning process will be valued
To apply please visit our website www.petcheyacademy.org.uk and our recruitment-vacancies page (Please note we do not accept CVs, the application form should be fully completed)