Job Title: Year Manager
Grade: S01 29 – 31 TTO + 15, pro rata (Actual: £23,436 - £24,987)
Role: As a Year Manager at Leeds East Academy, you will work closely with the Behaviour Leadership Team to oversee the pastoral support and development of a year group of students within the school. As part of the pastoral team within the Academy you will have a strong focus on further strengthening the positive climate for learning and to ensuring the continued growth and success of the academy.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
• Take on-going responsibility for the ‘Leeds East Way’ approach to standards of behaviour and related expectations in lessons and around the academy; promoting a positive Year Group identity.
• Maintain a key oversight of the behaviour of all students and those who repeatedly breach the academy’s behaviour policy and ensure bespoke intervention strategies are in place to modify behaviour of all groups.
• Work closely with the Behaviour Modification Leader and other Pastoral Leaders to ensure maximum support for students at risk of disaffection.
• Work closely with the Attendance and Community Leader; monitoring attendance and punctuality daily; developing strategies to maintain/improve attendance and punctuality in line with the academy’s key performance targets.
• Maintain the professionalism expected of a Year Manager in all dealings with colleagues, students, parents and other professionals.
• Maintain accurate records on all significant interaction, intervention or contact with individual students, their parents/carers, colleagues and any external agencies using academy agreed systems.
• Cover and support the running of Moved room/Isolation/on call and any other pastoral duties as designated by the Behaviour Leadership Team.
Leeds East Academy – Soaring to Success
Leeds East Academy is an 11-16 school, flourishing in a state of the art new building which provides a fantastic learning environment for students. We are a vibrant and expanding school which thrives at the heart of a diverse and dynamic community. We provide an exceptional education and life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society. Our vision at Leeds East Academy is clear: we will be Ofsted rated as outstanding within three years.
The White Rose Academies Trust is a local trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students. The Trust employs over 300 outstanding professionals who are committed to unlocking the potential of the next generation. Working in partnership with Gorse Academies Trust, we are on a significant journey which will see all of our schools Ofsted rated as outstanding within three years.
We are sponsored by Leeds City College, who provides expertise, international networks and highly desirable employability prospects within education and beyond.
Closing date: Friday 30th June 2017 noon
Shortlisting date: Friday 30th June 2017
Interviews: w/c 3rd July 2017
Start Date: 1st September 2017
If you would like to apply for this role please visit the careers page on our website at www.leedseastacademy.org.uk to download an application form. Once completed please return to firstname.lastname@example.org