37 hours per week (term time only plus Inset days)
Kettlethorpe High School is a large and popular maintained school in Wakefield, near to the M1 and with excellent links to Sheffield, Leeds and Kirklees. We continue to flourish and are the school of choice within the local area. We are often oversubscribed and are currently planning for a larger cohort entry that will see new capital building work and a potential 11-16 roll of 1,800 pupils.
Our Year Managers track all aspects of pupils’ progress in school from learning and extracurricular activity to attendance, punctuality and behaviour. In this exciting role, you will work to ensure pupils enjoy learning, engage in school life and experience success.
Joining us in this key role, you will:
- work with students to address barriers to learning to include behaviour, attendance and welfare;
- develop and implement effective student behaviour plans to maximise learning;
- ensure the safety and emotional wellbeing of the young people;
- give clear guidance and strategies to the education/teaching team to help minimise poor behaviour.
To be successful, you will have:
- highly developed communication skills;
- the ability to build rapport with parents and pupils alike;
- management skills and knowledge of inclusion approaches;
- experience of handling attendance issues.
For further information and an application form, please visit our website via the Apply link.
Closing date: 20th September 2019.
The successful applicant will be required to provide criminal conviction information and complete a Disclosure Application Form.