Founded in 1807, Mill Hill School is an independent co-educational boarding and day school with 715 pupils aged between 13 and 18, of whom 275 are in the Sixth Form. The School is one of four in the Mill Hill School Foundation, which comprises Pre-preparatory, Preparatory and Senior Schools as well an on-site International School.
We are situated in a magnificent 120-acre parkland campus on the edge of the North London Green Belt, providing a wonderful environment in which to work. The School is very much a community, particularly given the central importance of boarding: we are unusual for a London school to be offering full and weekly boarding, with over 180 boarding pupils.
An experienced and enthusiastic Yoga Instructor is required from September 2018 to join our modern, dynamic, and highly motivated Games Department.
The following duties shall be deemed to be included in the professional duties which you will be required to perform:
• Support the aims and objectives of the Mill Hill School Foundation
• Comply with the Mill Hill School Foundation Health and Safety Policy
• Planning, preparing and delivering a series of yoga sessions with lunchtimes and Games sessions and after school
• Although timings have some flexibility the ideal commitment is shown in the attached information pack
• Ensuring accurate registers are recorded on time
• Informing the Director of Sport of any equipment that is required
• Maintaining good order and discipline among the pupils and safeguarding their health and safety both when they are on the School premises and when they are engaged in authorised school activities elsewhere in your care
The successful candidate will be expected to play a full part in the extra curricular life of the School. He or she will be paid at the appropriate point of the Mill Hill School salary scale.
Further information on the post, together with the application form, is available by email or post and on the School’s website www.millhill.org.uk
The School and all its staff are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children. The School is registered with the DBS and successful applicants will be required to complete successfully the Disclosure procedure at the Enhanced level.
Closing date for applications: Monday 13 August 2018
Interviews: w/b 20 August 2018