The Animal Care / Management department has seen excellent growth over the last five years. This post forms part of an expanding team currently delivering Animal Care / Management qualifications from Level 1, 2, and 3 (C&G / BTEC Diploma’s). This position will be based at the Walford Campus.
Under the direction of the Curriculum Manager and Business Development Manager to create and maintain an animal unit / zoo as a successful commercial enterprise and to support the delivery of the curriculum. The roles and responsibilities included in this post are;
- To maintain high standards of animal welfare and care.
- To liaise with the Zoo Keeper on the administrative duties of running the unit, for example, vet visits, liaising with suppliers, etc.
- To support the Zoo keeper to maintain a comprehensive animal records system.
- To supervise and direct learners when on duties on the unit.
- Liaising with Estates team to ensure the Animal Unit / Zoo environment is maintained, developed and fit for purpose.
- In conjunction with the Curriculum Team, ensure the security, welfare, efficiency and safe running of the Animal Care Unit.
- Liaising with Animal Care Instructors to ensure the animal unit is supportive of practical delivery.
- Taking part in the Internal Performance Inspections and quality assurance procedures at the College.