Reporting to the Head of IT Operations the 2nd Line Infrastructure Engineer is key to the delivery of technical support services to TES Global.
As part of a team with wide range of responsibilities and skill levels, you will be exposed to a wide range of technologies and processes. The desktop support engineer will work across 1st line interaction with customers managing service requests and incidents through to 3rd line resolution of complex problems in conjunction with 3rd parties.
The structure of this team is designed to open up opportunities to increase the breadth and depth of options for professional development as well as create an environment where team working is part of the working day as well promoting individual technical expertise.
· Build and configure new laptops and desktops as required.
· Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot Windows 7, Windows 10 and Mac OS and any authorised desktop applications.
· Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot for printers, computer hardware and any other authorised peripheral equipment.
· User account administration, i.e., account creation and management and password resets.
· Provide first & second level Service Desk support for end‐users. Update and monitor problem tracking and reporting systems.
· Works with other teams to resolve technical issues within the desktop environment.
· Develop sound understanding of IT operations and related applications and IT systems as well as business related processes and procedures.
· Maintains and consistently demonstrates a general knowledge of company guidelines, processes, practices and procedures.
· Responsible for accurate collection of information relating to tickets raised and logged within Service Now and allocating them accurately.
· Responsible for answering the service desk telephone when the 1st line engineer is unavailable.
· Ensure all incidents and requests are dealt with within agreed SLA’s.
· Escalate P1 and P2 issues to senior engineers as appropriate.
· Complete internal desk moves as required.
· Ensure that a high level of customer service and support is provided to all customers.
· Ensure all hardware and software inventories are kept up to date.
· Ensure meeting rooms and conference systems are configured correctly and working
· Must have a customer service mentality
· Proactive in suggesting new ideas that simplify or accelerate the delivery of technology solutions
· Take responsibility for decisions and the quality of work
· Maintain a positive and proactive attitude
· Foster good working relationships with other technology teams and business units.
· Demonstrable ability to prioritise and multitask
· Must possess strong communication skills both verbal and written.
· Able to demonstrate strong time management skills