We are looking to recruit a 6th form learning mentor to join the school’s outstanding sixth form team. This is a key role in the 6th form team mentoring sixth form students to ensure they make outstanding progress in their academic studies. The role also includes monitoring performance and attendance of students and developing positive attitudes to learning in the 6th form. The successful candidate will have the ability to inspire and motivate students and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills. They will also need to be well organised, have excellent have attention to detail and be highly committed.
- Over £8 million has been invested in developing the learning environment recently to provide a state-of-the-art learning campus.
- All students bring their own tablet device to school so that teachers can be even more flexible in their delivery of lessons.
- Behaviour is exemplary and visitors always comment on the outstanding learning ethos across the school.
- The school runs a Teaching School Alliance, is an Awarding Body for Initial Teacher Training, holds International status and embraces excellence in all areas of the curriculum.
- Staff who work at the school receive outstanding training and gain significant career experience.
- Staff can benefit from the school’s children of staff admission rule, a cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers and access to a wide variety of school trips
Prospective candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible as the school reserves the right to close the advert should we feel able to appoint an appropriate candidate. We accept online TES applications.
Start Date: March 2018
14 hours a week (over 3 days), term time plus 2 days
Salary Scale: H5 pro-rata (£20,015-£21,853 fte p.a.)
Details are also available from our website www.sandringham.herts.sch.uk or www.teachinherts.com Applications should be sent to: Kate Ward, HR Officer, Sandringham School, The Ridgeway, St Albans, AL4 9NX, Tel 01727 799560. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sandringham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and references. We are strongly committed to promoting equality of opportunity and the elimination of unlawful discrimination. Please note that this post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.