Academic Mentor in Maths
Salary: £19,000 FTE Actual Salary - £16,201.38
Start date: As soon as possible
Hours: 37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Inspire their remarkable with us
Firth Park Academy is proud to be a Good school and determined to become an Outstanding school. We are a wonderfully diverse family of students and staff where our vision is to inspire all students to lead remarkable lives. We offer the widest range of extra-curricular enrichment possible to ensure our students are rich in knowledge and character. We want students to achieve academic excellence, develop strength of character and above all else, be happy. Our school is:
- A stronger-than-ever ‘Good’ school as rated by Ofsted (February 2019).
- Home of an Extended School Day for all year groups to ensure the broadest possible curriculum of academic learning and extra-curricular experiences
- Featured on CBBC’s series Our School 7 currently on iPlayer, which highlights the remarkable spirit of our Year 7 and 8 students and staff in the 2020-21 school year.
- A richly diverse community with students speaking more than 30 home languages.
- A leading school in our trust – Academies Enterprise Trust – one of the largest trusts in the UK with more career development opportunities than any other.
We love to help our students learn and value the staff who help them do so, thanks to:
- A real ethos of family where we all value strong positive relationships and support each other.
- An outstanding professional development programme for staff at all stages of their career.
If you have a passion for education, are able to help support opportunities for learning and progress whether inside or out come rain, hail or shine and love working as part of a team, you could be the person we are looking for!
As an Academic Mentor, you will play a key role in the country’s recovery from Covid-19, as part of the government-backed National Tutoring Programme. With the aim to reach 250,000 pupils in England that may have encountered barriers to learning, this is a unique opportunity to make a significant impact by delivering quality tuition sessions to small groups.
We’re looking for passionate, driven and caring people to support those whose education has been most affected by the disruption caused by the pandemic. As an Academic Mentor for Maths you will be employed on a fixed term contract by a school to deliver a tailored programme of support, unique for each school.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of 57 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - Google Workplace Enterprise for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
Come and visit us to meet the team of students and staff who are making Firth Park Academy one of the best schools in our city:
- informal enquiries are welcome - please contact Dean Jones our Principal. on 0114 257 6238 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join our team and build a wonderful career in a school you are passionate about with students you love to help learn.
- Check out the ‘career opportunity’ section on our website (see link) to find out more.
To find out about this fantastic opportunity please click this link
This is a fixed-term contract until the 31st July 2022 and is required to commence as soon as possible
Closing date: Monday 17th January 2022
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Find your remarkable, apply today by clicking the apply button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.
**Please scroll to the bottom of this page to view our live vacancies**
Firth Park Academy is proud to be a Good school and determined to become an Outstanding school. We are a wonderfully diverse family of students and staff where our vision is to i...