We are looking for a dedicated and detail-orientated individual to join Harris Primary Academy Crystal Palace as Administrative Assistant. Working under the instruction and guidance of senior staff to provide general administrative and financial support to the school, you will either have experience in an administrative role or looking to take your first step in an administrative support role within an educational environment.
The working hours for this role will be Monday and Friday, 07:30-16:30.
Harris Primary Academy Crystal Palace (HPACR) is a two-form entry school situated in Penge, which is part of the London Borough of Bromley.
HPACR is an inclusive academy and we want every one of our children, from Nursery to Year 6, to have a truly happy experience at school. We strive to ensure that every pupil feels valued and safe. The children’s achievements are celebrated every day in their lessons and we are proud that they are kind, caring, self-assured and eager to learn.
We believe that through expert teaching and support all children can achieve to a high standard. Ultimately, our aim is to make sure that our pupils leave us feeling that they have succeeded both academically and in the extracurricular aspects of school life. We want our pupils to be thoroughly prepared for the opportunities that secondary school will offer them.
HPACR is very much a community school. We know that a close partnership with parents is vital if children are to learn and grow as individuals. We therefore do all we can to keep parents informed and involved in all aspects of school life.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- To represent the Academy in a professional and welcoming manner to all visitors, staff and students, including telephone callers
- Undertake reception duties, answering general telephone and face to face enquiries and signing in visitors
- To complete first day of absence calling for all students who are absent, recording reasons on Bromcom, recording calls in attendance events, checking directly with AWO if there are any concerns.
- Assist with pupil first aid/welfare duties, looking after sick pupils, liaising with parents/staff etc.
- Assist in arrangements for school trips, events etc.
- Provide general clerical/admin support e.g. photocopying, filing, faxing, e-mailing, completing standard forms, responding to routine correspondence
- Maintain manual and computerised records/management information systems
- Produce lists/information/data as required, e.g. pupils’ data
- Undertake typing, word processing and other IT based tasks
- Sort and distribute mail
- Ensure reprographics requests are fulfilled on time;
- Undertake general administrative procedures
- Maintain and collate pupil reports
- Operate relevant equipment/ ICT packages (e.g. word, excel, databases, spreadsheets, internet)
- Maintain stock and supplies, cataloguing and distributing as required
- Assist in ordering uniform
- Provide general advice and guidance to staff, pupils and others
- Undertake general financial administration, e.g. processing orders
Qualifications, Knowledge and Training
- NVQ2 or equivalent qualification or experience in relevant discipline
- Good numeracy/literacy skills
- Minimum of two years' school office experience
Experience & Knowledge
- General clerical/administrative/financial work
- Knowledge of safeguarding procedures for young people
- Experience of Reception duties including dealing with visitors to the Academy
Skills & Abilities
- Appropriate knowledge of first aid
- Effective use of ICT packages
- Use of relevant equipment/resources
- Good keyboard skills
- Ability to relate well to children and adults
- Work constructively as part of a team, understanding of school roles and responsibilities and your own position within these
- The ability to take initiative and work independently
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational and time keeping skills
Good interpersonal skills
Able to work independently and manage own workload
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact us via e-mail, or call to arrange a conversation.
Before applying, please download the Job Pack for full details on the job responsibilities and person specification. You will need this when completing your application.
Professional Development & Benefits
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
Harris Primary Academy Crystal Palace opened in September 2013. We are a vibrant, multicultural primary academy on the borders of Bromley and Lewisham with a clear vision for the future. We are a warm and welcoming academy where the chi...