Harris Primary Academy Crystal Palace
Bromley, United Kingdom
About Harris Primary Academy Crystal Palace
Harris Primary Academy Crystal Palace opened in September 2013. We are a vibrant, multicultural primary academy on the borders of Bromley and Lewisham with a clear vision for the future. We are a warm and welcoming academy where the children feel happy and safe. Our academy is expanding with our move to becoming two forms of entry.
We have more than 280 lively young minds at our Academy. Children are supported to be the best they can be by our dedicated teachers and support staff.
We are a Primary Academy for local children. We have high aspirations for our children and are committed to ensuring that everyone in our academy reaches their full potential and develops the skills to become a life-long learner.
Our aims and values underpin all of our policy and practice and we ensure that all staff, pupils and the wider community have a shared understanding of our vision. Everyone at our academy aspires to our ‘ACT’ vision where we are ‘Aspirational, Compassionate, Team-players’.
We aim to:
- Ensure that all of our pupils leave our academy literate and numerate, fully equipped for secondary school.
- Develop a learning community that inspires everyone to have high aspirations and develop a life-long love of learning;
- Create a stimulating learning environment in which children and adults feel welcome and safe;
- Ensure that equality of opportunity enables everyone to reach their full potential;
- Support children to become confident, well-rounded individuals who recognize the part that they play in society;
- Develop a culture of respect for different beliefs, religions and cultures and have a good understanding of British values and democracy;
- Provide a rich and balanced curriculum that inspires children and encourages them to take control of their learning;
- Encourage children to take care of their environment and recognize the part that they play in creating a positive learning environment;
- Create an environment which nurtures the spiritual and moral development of every child and promotes respect for diversity;
- Work with parents and the local community to ensure that the academy is a place of learning for all.