Apprentice Teacher - Maths
UNQ Payscale 18,169
Greenwood Academy is a vibrant, successful 11-18 Academy situated in the heart of Castle Vale. We currently have 950 pupils on roll and are growing every year. At Greenwood our core values are Respect, Responsibility and Resilience and this forms the foundation of our school culture. We also believe that instilling a 'Growth Mindset' will allow every child to unlock their full potential. We offer a wide range of opportunities beyond the core curriculum whether in the Arts which includes school productions, dance, drama and music performances or through our extensive Sports programme which takes advantage of grass and 4G pitches, Sports hall with specialist dance studio and Multi Use Games Area.
Our state-of-the-art new building and world class facilities make the most of the latest technology available to enhance the learning environment, including the Google Education platform. Most importantly, children and young adults at Greenwood Academy tell us they enjoy coming to school and feel safe and secure.
In what we believe to be an exciting opportunity we are looking for a Maths Apprentice Teacher to join us who will be interested in training to become a teacher. Working within a school is rewarding, challenging and where no two days are the same. Dependant on the needs of the successful candidate you will learn about the subject, behaviour management, assessment for learning and how learning and teaching go hand in hand.
In return we will offer you:
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with the capability and desire to raise student achievement even further
- Opportunities for further professional development
- A caring and supportive working environment within a vibrant Academy community.
The Greenwood Academy Maths Department believes in a knowledge-rich curriculum and an ethos of developing and sharing best practices to encourage high standards across the academy. We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, motivated, and enthusiastic experienced teacher who is ambitious for all students. You will be teaching Mathematics across the full age and ability range, specific experience of ‘A’ level is essential. You will be joining our hard-working team of forward-thinking professionals dedicated to ensuring students reach their potential. We believe in delivering a curriculum to encourage student progress and high expectations for all ability levels.
We strongly believe in continuous professional development and have an ethos of developing and sharing best practice to encourage high standards across the academy. We seek to appoint an exceptional practitioner with the ability to teach all aspects of Science from years 7 to 11. The ability to teach sixth form would be an advantage.
We believe in delivering a curriculum that is challenging for all and we have high expectations that every student will be successful in their academic progress and personal development. We want someone who believes that no student should be held back by their economic background and who is passionate about Maths and delivering the very best to our pupils.
Similar to School Direct (salaried) programmes, Postgraduate Teaching Apprenticeships are a new, nationally-recognised, work-based route into teaching. You will be employed by the school for a minimum of 12 months during the Initial Teacher Training (ITT). After 9 months you will achieve Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and then complete a final assessment, known as an End-Point Assessment, to pass the apprenticeship.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we are inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chances to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of 58 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
This post is a 1-year fixed-term contract and is required to commence in September 2021.
Closing date: Monday 17th May 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices, we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking the apply button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
**Please scroll to the bottom of this page to view our live vacancies**
About Greenwood Academy
Greenwood Academy is a vibrant, successful 11-18 Academy situated in the heart of Castle Vale. We moved into our £20 million new build in Sept...