Established in 2005, Gulf British Academy is a BSO-accredited school seeking to strengthen its Arabic Language provision as it expands from a British international co-educational primary school to an all through 3-18 school.
We are therefore seeking to appoint an ambitious, dynamic and inspirational Arabic Language teacher with a proven track record of outstanding teaching at Primary Level.
Important: You must already be resident in Kuwait.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join us on our journey as we strive to ensure that our pupils take their place in the 21st century global community.
What you offer
Your passion for teaching the Arabic language is infectious and you will have the capacity to deliver high-quality teaching and modern learning strategies in the Arabic Language throughout the school.
As a class teacher you will be able to reflect upon your own practice with the aim of instilling confidence and independence into our pupils to encourage them to become enquiry based learners.
- Bachelor degree in Arabic Language.
- At least 2 years experience of teaching Kuwait’s Ministry of Education curriculum.
- Administration of private education approval from the Ministry of Education for working in schools.
- Fluent in written and spoken Arabic (Arabic is your first language).
- Able to communicate in English.
- Demonstrate an excellent track record of teaching Arabic across primary level.
- Passionate and committed to providing outstanding and modern teaching of whole classes, groups and individuals so that learning objectives are met.
- A high level of professionalism and expectation of learning, achievement, behaviour and well-being of pupils.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to inspire and build good relationships with pupils, parents and colleagues.
- Willing and able to support and train colleagues where necessary.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise effectively.
- Utilise in-class technology effectively to enhance pupil progress.
- Competent computer skills - MS Office, Gmail, Google apps, shared drives, etc.
- Experience with distance learning platforms is desirable (GSuite for Education, ClassDojo, Microsoft Teams, etc).
How to apply
Email your application directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your email must include your:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Cover letter or letter of application (highlighting your subject experience and any leadership experience)
- Recent photograph
- Two referees (name, phone number, professional relationship to you)
Applications are considered upon receipt and should arrive no later than Sunday 2nd May 2021.
We reserve the right to interview at any point during the recruitment process so early applications are positively encouraged.
Interviews will be conducted in person at our school and this will include a written test / assessment.
If you do not hear back from us after 5 working days, you should presume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
Gulf British Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Gulf British Academy
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 13 years