CORE Education Trust is inspired and guided by its 4 CORE values of Collaboration; Opportunity; Respect and Excellence. The Trust is led by some of Birmingham's leading educational and business leaders.
Are you a positive, dynamic Art / Technology (Textiles) teacher looking to make a difference? City Academy Birmingham is looking to recruit a full time teacher to join its dynamic, committed team. The ability to teach Food would be advantageous.
City Academy Birmingham are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS certificate.
• To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
• To contribute to raising standards of student attainment.
• To share and support the academy’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth whilst fostering the academy’s ethos providing equal opportunities for all.
• To take an active responsibility for the safeguarding and welfare of all students and young people within the academy.
• Consistently teach high quality lessons.
• Deliver the curriculum in line with the relevant key stage groups.
• Identify individual student capabilities, plan and distinguish teaching methods appropriately to build and develop student learning.
• Contribute to the development of teaching materials and programmes of study
• Maintain discipline in accordance with the academy procedures and to encourage good practice with regards to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and homework.
• To assess accurately and maintain appropriate records.
• Follow academy teaching policies for example with regards to assessment, marking, feedback and homework.
• Be a role model for students, inspiring them to be actively interested in Art / Technology.
For an informal discussion please contact Miss J Breakwell on 0121 729 7100
The successful candidate will need to undertake a DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
Please note we do not accept CV’s.
CORE Education Trust is an equal opportunities employer.